Monday, July 20, 2009

The MightyMartian Reviews

Welcome to the new site for all my reviews and occasional bits of news and observation from the world of entertainment. I suppose I'm just one more geek on the internet peddling his opinions, but after years of people telling me I should be publishing this stuff, I figure this is a good place to start.

I watch a lot of movies and a lot of TV. I listen to a lot of music and I've been getting back into video games. I read comic books obsessively and still love science fiction though my novel intake has decreased in recent years.

I'm not exclusively nerdy, though. I do love baseball, football...I do well with the ladies and I don't live in my mother's basement (or anyone's basement for that matter).

I've been reviewing films via email since I was in college (so something like ten years now), occasionally throwing in television and music reviews as well. The idea behind this site is to collect those reviews going forward in one place and to branch out a bit more.

One ambitious project that will debut here is a complete review of my CD collection (probably over 300 albums at this point). These won't be overly detailed, but I would like to get my thoughts on each artist and their oeuvre out into cyberspace.

I will also occasionally use out-of-left-field "big" words like "oeuvre." Sorry, I just have a thing for language, but I promise not to be the pretentious reviewer that spits out rarely used words to make something as simple as "it was well-directed" sound like an English lecture.

Some things you won't (or rarely) see reviewed here:
  • country music
  • rap/r&b
  • horror films
  • generic/formulaic TV (a la CSI, Law & Order, reality TV)
  • any film with a chihuahua in a leading role
  • James Patterson/John Grisham/Dan Brown
  • most X-Men comics
  • any games that can't be played on PS2, PS3 or Wii

I encourage comments of agreement and dissension but I do not tolerate flaming or insults against other readers. I will delete comments and block commenters at my discretion.

In short, welcome, enjoy and I look forward to your feedback.

The MightyMartian

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Looking forward to reading your reviews on this site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But....But I LOVE chihuahua movies :(

    ReplyDelete